Most people are concerned about the health of their skin, but they do not realize the many toxins it comes into contact with each day. Although the skin is the biggest organ, and it naturally detoxes, it can become overwhelmed with environmental toxins and needs help from time to time to eliminate them.
What Is Skin Detox?
Skin detox is a dedicated process that helps to get rid of the toxins and dead skin, allowing clean and healthy skin to shine through. For most people, this means taking a week to two to remove impurities and allow the skin to heal.
Signs Your Skin May Need a Detox
Multiple signs can warn a person they need a detox for skin. Being aware of the signs is integral for knowing when to go through the process. If you notice any of the following, taking a week to detox can make a big difference in your skin health.
- Uneven skin tone
- Overly oily skin
- Dry skin
- Sensitive skin
- Sagging and wrinkles
- Dull skin
If you are dealing with the above, now is a perfect time to get started on improving your skin. Every detoxification product you use should center around improving skin hydration.
Why Do You Need to Detox Your Skin?
Many people do not follow a healthy diet, and they do not avoid known environmental toxins. The following offers insight into the reasons why detox may be necessary for many people.
- High sugar diets. Did you know excess sugar can cause skin inflammation and breakouts? If your diet is high in sugar, it is wise to cut it out as much as possible and introduce a natural herbal astringent toner.
- Poor lifestyle choices. Smoking, drinking, and doing drugs can all wreak havoc on the skin. A lack of water and sleep can also lead to issues with skin health.
- Stress is one of the biggest problems people face with their skin. Increased levels of stress lead to a decrease in cellular turnover, which can lead to breakouts and dull, patchy skin.
- Skin congestion. Makeup, excess oils, pollutants, and dead skin can all clog your pores and lead to skin congestion. The right skin serum can help pull those clogged particles out of the pores.
How to Detox Your Skin
A skin detox is not as simple as using a microdermabrasion scrub and calling it a day. Before you even start detoxifying your skin, the process needs to start from within. Take the following steps to ensure your detox is carried out with the right approach, and you learn how to how to hydrate skin.
- Start with Your Diet
Did you know your liver is integral for good skin health? Supporting your liver is critical if you want healthy skin. Eating healthy Omega 3 foods is essential.
It is also important to eat a wide array of organic fruits and vegetables. These will provide your skin with the nutrients it needs for good health.
Finally, you need to drink copious amounts of water. Hydrating your body will hydrate your skin and make it plumper and more supple.
- Deep Cleaning
Deep cleaning your skin is an important step in removing impurities and clogs that can lead to breakouts and skin inflammation. It is not enough to use a face wash alone. A deep cleaning begins with the right skincare products that are used in succession. The recommended products are as follows.
- Use an oil cleanser that deeply cleans the skin, dissolving pollutants and dead cells in the pores.
- Next, use a facial mask. The kind you use will depend on your skin type. Clay and charcoal masks are both effective. Briut Essentials detox skincare bundle includes everything you need.
- A resurfacing peel is also an excellent choice for helping to remove the dead and toxic layers of skin. At-home resurfacing peels are gentler to the skin and should not cause any inflammation.
- Follow up with a hyaluronic acid serum which will help to give the skin moisture and plump it so that lines and wrinkles look less noticeable.
- Do not forget to moisturize your skin and protect it with an SPF cream.
While you are detoxifying your skin, try to avoid makeup if possible. If you truly need makeup, go as light as possible and use the gentlest of products that are not full of toxins. Research carefully.
Do not forget the skin on the rest of your body. Dry brushing is a perfect way to slough off dead skin cells, improve circulation, and encourage lymphatic drainage. Doing this regularly will help to improve your skin health overall.
How Often Should You Detoxify?
You have a natural rose hip cleanser and all the right skincare products to make sure detoxification happens correctly. So, how often will you need to detoxify? The answer to this question can vary.
If you are doing a full detox, which includes diet and all the above steps, four times a year should suffice. Doing a detox too often can lead to a loss of integral nutrients, which your skin needs for good health.
- When taking a shower, start with hot water and finish with a burst of cold. Doing so will push all the toxins out of your pores and then seal them.
- Use the best hyaluronic acid serum often, so your skin will be healthy.
- Never go to bed wearing makeup.
- Wash your face after exercise.
- Keep your phone clean.
- Try to avoid touching your face as much as possible, so you can avoid breakouts from bacteria.
- Exercise to sweat out toxins and leave your skin glowing.
With today’s busy lives and exposure to countless environmental toxins, it is no wonder detoxification is more important than ever. With the right astringent and other skincare products, you will be prepared to get rid of the old and toxic and bring in new and beautiful skin. Detoxing your skin a few times a year can make it healthier than you ever thought was possible.